CATERGORIES: Personal Coaching, Coaching for Organizations
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Personal development is process that can enable powerful and lasting change in how you see yourself and the world around you. Through personal development you can unleash your potential, achieve your goals, and align your life with your highest capabilities.
By investing in yourself or your team with personal development coaching you can make this the year your best year yet. Personal development coaching enables clients to slow down, anchor in the present moment, and think about your current place in life, and how to be more in the future than you are right now.
Clients learn to create lasting positive change in emotional wellness, business skills, personal relationships, time management, and more.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. – Will Durant
What is a personal development coach?
A personal development coach is someone who helps you or an organization through a process of exploring, learning, and action. The coach will help you to identify all aspects of yourself- business, personal, and your relationships with yourself and others. All of these areas together contribute to your personal growth and development.
Either an individual may hire a coach for personal development coaching session one-to-one, or quite often an organization chooses to work with a personal development coach to support their employees, managers, and workplace culture. When hired, the coach serves the role of active listener, and strategic thinking partner in devising an inspired plan of action with inspiration and accountability rounding out the duties.
Benefits of personal Development Coaching
- Discover your sense of peace, joy, fulfillment; and tap into your true purpose.
- Accept who you are and develop yourself, aligned with your strengths and values.
- Rediscover your leadership capabilities, starting with taking ownership of your own life.
- Uncover new possibilities for yourself where you are in the world, and for those you care about.
- Engage greater levels of resiliency and the feeling that you are more in control of your life and your future.
- Build stronger connections with others by living a more positive life void of most conflict.
Who uses personal development coaches?
Most commonly personal development coaches are hired by individuals, or teams or organizations who are looking to support their employees, leadership, and organizational culture.
When working with organizations that support the whole-person wellness culture of progress, we oftentimes create goals for each client in areas of personal and professional goals.
Programs are also tailored on a per-use basis for managers, team captains, C-Suite executives, or new hires.
Here are some of the direct benefits an individual may find through personal development coaching:
- Improving Social Capabilities
- Building/rediscovering self-esteem
- Spiritual Development
- Enhancing lifestyle or quality of life
- Improving overall health
- Developing strengths or skills
- Improving personal wealth
- Improving self-awareness
- Fulfilling goals
- Identifying and executing a personal life plan
- Improving to maximize potential
Why is personal development coaching in such high demand right now?
In an ever speeding world of change, the pace of development increases all the time. People often get stuck on how they see themselves in the changing world, how they feel about themselves, and their situation in work and life, and also with how they relate to others.
For many individuals that means learning to unlearn the unconscious programming they received as children and young adults.
And for organizations, this typically is steered to teaching people how to learn, so that teams can work cohesively and efficiently.
What are some recognizable personal development activities?
- Finding a skill or topic you are passionate about, and learning more about it.
- Signing up for language or art classes.
- Doing yoga.
- Watching YouTube or Ted Talks to learn new skills and perspectives.
- Reading books, and not just non-fiction- but anything that will enlighten you on a subject.
- Receiving feedback, and really listening to it to implement positive changes in your life.
- Writing out personal goals, paired with measurable plans for action.
- Attending workshops, or doing online masterclasses to learn transferable skills like coding, copywriting, or public speaking.
- Checking out magazines with high value to you.
- Asking for constructive feedback from your boss/family/partner/friend/peers.
- Going to therapy to work on your past.
- Working with a coach to align a brighter future.
- Mindfulness practice.
- Hitting the gym, or doing other physical exercise things.
- So much more…
Finding the perfect coach for you!
Finding the right coach for you is going to propel you to new heights in 2023.
Individuals may enjoy group coaching sessions, like our Wednesday evening cohort, or may prefer a more personalized one-to-one approach.
Whichever route you decide, by making the decision to invest in yourself, you are communicating to the universe that you believe in yourself, and your ability to be more.
For organizations, leadership teams, and executives, message us directly with your goals, and we will be happy to chat with you.
Made it through the rough times, and now you are asking what's next for you?
You survived long enough.
Isn’t it time for you to thrive?
It’s time to see your life with clarity, confidence, and strength of direction!
This is just your beginning.